THE ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer helps participants acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization effectively in planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
WHY ISO/IEC 27001 LEAD IMPLEMENTER?
Information security threats and attacks increase and improve constantly. The best form of defense against them is the proper implementation and management of information security controls and best practices. Information security is also a key expectation and requirement of customers, legislators, and other interested parties.
This training course is designed to prepare participants in implementing an information security management system based on ISO/IEC 27001. It aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of an ISMS and a framework for its continual management and improvement.
After attending the training course, participants can take the exam. Those who successfully pass it can apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential, which demonstrates the ability and practical knowledge to implement an ISMS based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Project managers and consultants involved in and concerned with the implementation of an ISMS.
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an ISMS.
- Individuals responsible for ensuring conformity to information security requirements within an organization.
- Members of an ISMS implementation team.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS.
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks.
- Understand the operation of an information security management system and its processes based on ISO/IEC 27001.
- Learn how to interpret and implement the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the specific context of an organization.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining an ISMS
Day 1: Introduction to the ISO/IEC 27001 and initiation of an ISMS.
Day 2: Planning the implementation of an ISMS.
Day 3: Implementing of an ISMS.
Day 4: ISMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit.
Day 5: Certification Exam.
This training course contains essay-type exercises, multiple-choice quizzes, examples, and best practices used in the implementation of an ISMS.
The participants are encouraged to communicate with each other and engage in discussions when completing quizzes and exercises. The exercises are based on a case study. The structure of the quizzes is similar to that of the certification exam.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Information Security Management System.
Domain 2: Information Security Management Systems.
Domain 3: Planning an ISMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 27001.
Domain 4: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001.
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001.
Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001 .
Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit.
Upon the successful completion of the exam, participants can apply for the credential shown in the table below.
|PECB Credential||PECB Exam||Professional experience||ISMS project experience|
|Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Implementer||Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer or equivalent||None||None|
|Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Implementer||Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer or equivalent||2 years: 1 year of work experience in Information Security Management||Project activities: a total of 200 hours|
|Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer||Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer or equivalent||5 years: 2 years of work experience in Information Security Management||Project activities: a total of 300 hours|
|Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Senior Lead Implementer||Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer or equivalent||10 years: 7 years of work experience in Information Security Management||Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours|
Participants will also sign the PECB Code of Ethics in order to receive your certification.
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Online examination.
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
- Self-study training