The ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation provides the basic elements for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in the ISO/IEC 27001.
WHY ISO/IEC 27001 FOUNDATION?
This course enables professionals to understand the different modules of an ISMS, including ISMS policy, procedures, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review, and continual improvement.
After completing this course, attendants can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that the fundamental methodologies, requirements, framework, and management approach have been understood.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Individuals involved in Information Security Management.
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Information Security Management Systems.
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Information Security Management.
- Understand the elements and operations of an Information Security Management System and its principal processes.
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks.
- Understand the approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and management of an ISMS.
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management Systems concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001.
Day 2: Information Security Management System requirements and Certification Exam.
The lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples. Practical exercises include examples and discussions and the practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam.
The online exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Information Security Management System.
Domain 2: Information Security Management System.
Examination rules and policies
Upon the successful completion of the exam, participants can apply for the credential shown in the table below.
|PECB Credential||PECB Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||ISMS project experience|
|Certified ISO 27001 Foundation||Certified ISO 27001 Foundation or equivalent||None||None||None|
Attendants will also sign the PECB Code of Ethics in order to receive the certification.
Certification rules and policies
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
- Self-study training.
Download the ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Brochure
You must be logged in to post a comment.