The ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course helps professionals acquire the necessary expertise to perform a Quality Management System (QMS) audit.
WHY ISO 9001 LEAD AUDITOR?
During this training course, participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and the certification process according to ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Based on practical exercises, those attending the course will be able to master the audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, participants can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” credential. A PECB Lead Auditor Certificate proves the capabilities and competencies gained during this course to audit organizations based on best practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Quality Management System certification audits.
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Quality Management System audit process.
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Quality Management System requirements.
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Quality Management System audit.
- Expert advisors in Quality Management.
- Understand the operations of a Quality Management System based on ISO 9001.
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks.
- Understand an auditor’s role to plan, lead, and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 9001 in the context of a QMS audit.
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to plan an audit, lead an audit, and draft reports on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011.
Day 1: Introduction to the Quality Management System and ISO 9001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation, and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing an audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training is based on both theory and best practices used in QMS audits. The lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples. Practical exercises include examples and case study discussions. Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam.
The “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Quality Management System
Domain 2: Quality Management Systems
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 9001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 9001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 9001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 9001 audit programme
Examination rules and policies
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below.
|PECB Credential||PECB Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience|
|Certified ISO 9001 Provisional Auditor||Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor or equivalent||None||None|
|Certified ISO 9001 Auditor||Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor or equivalent||2 years: 1 year of work experience in Quality Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours|
|Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor||Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor or equivalent||5 years: 2 years of work experience in Quality Management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours|
|Certified ISO 9001 Senior Lead Auditor||Certified ISO 9001 Auditor Exam or equivalent||10 years: 7 years of work experience in Quality Management||Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours|
You will also sign the PECB Code of Ethics in order to receive your certification.
Certification rules and policies
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Online examination.
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
- Self-Study Training.
Download the ISO 9001 Lead Auditor brochure
You must be logged in to post a comment.